Content

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Blueberry Vanilla Cream Protein Shake


Blueberry Vanilla Cream Protein Shake Recipe

Blueberries are perfect. Little, tasty, and packed with plenty of antioxidants, these little suckers are my favorite go-to breakfast staple. Throw them in a blender with my protein and voila - a homemade meal on the go!

What you need:

  • A blender
  • A kitchen scale that measures in grams
  • 140 grams of frozen blueberries
  • 28 grams of baby spinach
  • 8 ounces of a liquid base - I use 1% organic milk, coconut milk, or coconut water
  • 1 scoop (27 grams) of vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tablespoon of dry chia seeds (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional)
How I make it:
  • Pour liquid base into the blender
  • Weigh and add dry ingredients - like the powder, chia seeds, and cinnamon
  • Weigh and add frozen blueberries
  • Weigh and add baby spinach
  • Blend
Easy, huh? Sometimes I'll throw in a second fruit like mango or strawberries, but I think the blueberries can pretty much hold their own. It's a pretty quick breakfast concoction, too, which is nice because I'm often stumbling out the door and on my way to work in the wee hours of the morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

Manhattan, KS, United States
Late 30-something Kansas gal on a path toward health and fitness while fighting an oppressive sweet tooth and a laundry list of food allergies daily.
Powered by Blogger.

Snapshots