Content

Monday, June 30, 2014

Pico De Gallo: My Fave Food Accessory



I love pico de gallo and everything about it. The texture, color, aroma, and taste add a nice little kick to everything I eat. I'll garnish my eggs, soups, salads, burgers, sandwiches, wraps or I'll just eat it right out of the bowl.  Whatever. It's tasty.

I especially love making pico de gallo in the summer. I'll hit the local produce markets and hunt out as many of the veggies as possible. I love that the process of making this pico de gallo is a little more involved than just chopping up a tomato and lazily adding a packet of seasoning. Why would you do that anyway? Actual food tastes so much better anyway.

The recipe? Confession: it's not my recipe. You can find it through this pin on my Pinterest food board. Just click through the pin, scroll down, and follow the 'simple' version of the recipe.

Oh, and if you happen to try making the Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce recipe with the pico de gallo, let me know what you think of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

Manhattan, KS, United States
Late 30-something Kansas gal on a path toward health and fitness while fighting an oppressive sweet tooth and a laundry list of food allergies daily.
Powered by Blogger.

Snapshots