Content

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds: A Snack for the Sweet Tooth


I'm not sure I remember what compelled me to buy pumpkin seeds. Maybe it was the need for a portable, satisfying snack that didn't melt, wilt, or wouldn't require chopping, peeling, or refrigeration. I like my snacks to be a bit on the sweet side and, while pumpkin seeds on their own are okay, I found a palatable way to enjoy them.

What You Need:

  • 2 measured cups of pumpkin seeds
  • 2 measured tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 measured tablespoon of sugar
  • 1 measured teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 1 baking sheet
  • 1 sheet of parchment to line baking sheet (optional)
Prepare It:
  • Preheat oven to 400ยบ F
  • Mix seeds and olive oil in a large bowl
  • Mix dry ingredients together and add to seed mixture
  • Spread seeds evenly on baking sheet
  • Bake for 40 minutes, stirring once every 10 minutes
I divided my batch up into 8 servings, with a single serving fitting nicely in one of those snack sized plastic zip bags. Do that, and you've got a snack ready to go with you anywhere!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

Manhattan, KS, United States
Late 30-something Kansas gal on a path toward health and fitness while fighting an oppressive sweet tooth and a laundry list of food allergies daily.
Powered by Blogger.

Snapshots